If you happen to live in the Windy City and are in search of fun things for kids in Chicago this season, you could combine gift-giving to a charity with a fun day out to teach your little ones that there are children in this world who are not as fortunate as them.
Recommended Christmas Charities
* The Christmas Spirit Foundation is dedicated to helping families and children across the United States, especially during the holiday season. Their primary goal is to help enhance the spirit of Christmas. Throughout the year, they actively promote environmental stewardship .
* The Make A Wish Foundation helps to realize children's wildest dreams. Most of these kids are riddled with life-threatening medical conditions. Their dream might be to swim with dolphins or to have a backyard basketball court. The Foundation is giving these kids hope, thanks to your help and donation. It is wonderful Christmas charity because it instills new hope.
* Angel Tree is a Prison Fellowship ministry. It delivers new hope with the help of gift giving to children of inmates and their families.
* The Holiday Project is on a mission to enrich the lives of people who find themselves in hospital, a nursing home or institution. Staffed by volunteers who join local chapters, people go out in search to help others with their presence and small gifts.
* Christmas Card Aid is a UK-based Christmas charity that donates all profits to a good cause. In true Christmas spirit, you can pick and choose your favorite cards. Why not make a day of it and get your children to input their creative self for a Christmas card with a difference.
* The non-profit organization Alternative Gifts International gifts through generous donations to needy children and families worldwide. You can give a gift directly from their website and choose a recipient from their list. This organization could be gifted by your whole family if you chose to forgo presents and instead gift the money to others – people who need it more than you.
* Toys for Tots is an ingenious idea to help children with some Christmassy love. This Christmas charity lets you donate new toys or money to reach out to needy kids in local communities. Run by the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve and the Marine Toys For Tots Foundation this charity is likely to bring a smile to children's faces.
The above selection is only a small one. There are literally dozens of Christmas charities out there. Each one will enable you to reach out to others. Giving in the spirit of love will leave you glowing with happiness and joy. The knowledge of having helped others with a tiny donation will likely make your holiday season a very special one.
If any of the above links are not working or are expired, please do us a favor and let us know by clicking: Contact US. We may also be able to help you get some of the free coloring books, pages and E-books that may have expired.
Technorati Tags: kids charities Christmas children kids youth Fun 4 The Children